Terms and Conditions of Sale
Please read these terms of sale before placing an order and retain a copy of these terms for future reference. This notice is issued byBISSELL International Trading Company B.V.
Formation of the Contract
1. These Terms & Conditions apply to goods supplied directly by BISSELL International Trading Company B.V. to you registered in Netherlands, Amsterdam with company no. 53752139 ("BISSELL"). BISSELL's registered office is at BISSELL International Trading Company B.V, Stadhouderskade, 55 Floor 2, 1072 AB, Amsterdam , Netherlands. No contract exists between you and BISSELL for the sale of any goods until BISSELL has received your order and a confirmation of that order, which may be printed by you, has been displayed on your computer screen. A binding legal contract exists between you and BISSELL upon receipt of this confirmation.
2. The contract is subject to your cancellation rights (see clauses 18 and 20 below).
3. BISSELL reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions of sale without notice in the future.
4. Any dispute or claim that either you or BISSELL may bring in relation to or in connection with these terms and conditions will be decided on the basis of English law by the English courts alone (unless you object and ask for a different jurisdiction or law apply).
The language of this contract is English, and any disputes arising under this contract shall be conducted in English, but if you would like a dispute to be heard in another language then BISSELL will try to find ways to help.
5. You may have other rights granted to you by law in addition to those set out in these terms and conditions, which BISSELL may not exclude. These terms and conditions do not affect those other rights granted by law. If you wish to obtain further information about your rights, you should speak to your local Citizen's Advice Bureau or Trading Standards Office.
Description and Price of Goods
7. The description and price of the goods ordered will be as shown on the website at the time the order is placed.
8. All goods are subject to availability. If on receipt of your order the goods you have ordered are not available in stock, BISSELL will inform you by email or by telephone as soon as possible, and offer you an alternative product or refund or re-credit you for any sum that has been paid by you or debited from your credit or debit card for the goods.
9. Every effort is made to ensure that prices shown on the BISSELL website are accurate at the time the order is placed. If an error is found, BISSELL will inform you as soon as possible and offer you the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price, or cancelling your order. If you cancel, BISSELL will refund or re-credit you for any sum that has been paid by you or debited from your credit or debit card for the goods.
10. In addition to the price, you may be required to pay a delivery charge for the goods, as shown in the Delivery section of the BISSELL website. This charge will be brought to your attention at the time you place your order for the goods.
11. The price of all goods and delivery charges are inclusive of VAT.
Special Offers and Discount Codes
12. Offers and discount codes are not valid for Reconditioned machines. Only one discount per customer can be used in any single transaction. Vouchers cannot be used with any other offer or promotion unless otherwise stated. Any discount code must be entered at the checkout for the offer to be redeemed. Our 'Buy 3, Pay for 2' offer on selected formulas will deduct the price of lowest priced item of the three when you reach the checkout page.
13. Payment for the goods and delivery charges can be made using any of the methods shown on the BISSELL website at the time that you place your order.
13.1 Products which can be purchased on “Easy Pay” terms shall be paid with three (2) installment payments. The total number of payments will be equal to the fixed sum of the cash price of the product plus any stated fees. There are no fees or interest charged for using the credit available in the installment payments available in Easy Pay. The first payment is collected when the order is confirmed. The remaining installment payments will be collected on the same day in each subsequent month until the product is fully paid.
13.2 Product can be purchased with “Easy Pay” via the Telephone using our customer service agents or via the corresponding website marked with Easy Payment. All customers using “Easy Pay” must be aged 18 or over.
13.3 A customer can have a maximum of one Easy payment agreement up to a maximum of £449.91in a single transaction A customer must provide a nominated credit/debit card from which payments will be debited. If the nominated credit/debit card expires before the last Easy Pay payment is due, the customer must use another nominated credit/debit card. Failure to do so may result in the order being rejected. Customers cannot change payment card details once a payment has been set unless there is a failed payment or card expiry.
13.4 All Easy Pay customers must provide an active email address and will receive an email confirming their order and payment schedule. Any customer with an outstanding Easy Pay debt will not qualify for further Easy Pay purchases until all outstanding payments are made.
13.5 If any payment fails for reasons not caused by BISSELL, the customer will be contacted by telephone and email, and all outstanding payments must be paid in full immediately
14. Goods ordered will be delivered to the address you give when you place your order. Deliveries are not made outside of the United Kingdom and Northern Ireland.
15. If there is no one at the address given who is able to accept delivery of the goods, you will be notified of an alternative delivery date or a place to collect the goods.
16. If delivery cannot be made to your address, BISSELL will inform you as soon as possible, and refund or re-credit you for any sum that has been paid by you or debited from your credit or debit card for delivery.
17. Every effort will be made to deliver the goods as soon as possible after your order has been accepted, and in any event within 30 days of your order. However, BISSELL will not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by you through any reasonable or unavoidable delay in delivery. In this case, BISSELL will inform you as soon as possible.
18. You will become the owner of the goods you ordered and responsible for risk of loss of or damage to them once they have been delivered to you.
19. Your Right of Cancellation. Should you receive your purchase and decide that you no longer require the goods for whatever reason, they can be returned within 7 working days of your receipt of the goods. To return the goods, please contact the BISSELL Careline on 0344 888 66 44 - Option 1, where one of our dedicated customer service representatives will explain to you what you must do. You must then return the goods as soon as you are able to do so. BISSELL will cover the cost of returning the goods. You will receive a full refund of the price of the goods (including the costs of delivering the goods to you) within 30 days of BISSELLS receipt and you notifying BISSELL that you no longer require the goods. Please be aware we will continue to deduct installment payments from your credit/debit card until the returned product is recieved by us. You must take reasonable care to ensure the goods are not damaged until they are returned to BISSELL. Using the goods before returning them within the allotted 7 day period does not constitute taking reasonable care of them. If you use the goods before returning them to us you will be responsible for the costs of us reconditioning those goods. BISSELL may set off the cost of refurbishing the goods against the sums that you have paid for the goods, including any applicable VAT payable, if the goods are used prior to being returned under this clause. This does not affect your statutory rights.
20. Faulty Goods. BISSELL are committed to ensuring that all products are to the highest standard. All our products have a one year manufacturers guarantee from the date of delivery should you experience a problem within this period please contact the BISSELL Careline on 0344 888 66 44 - Option 1. One of our dedicated customer services representatives will try to solve your problem over the phone. If your problem cannot be solved over the telephone, a collection will be arranged. Once our Service Centre has received your faulty item, it will be tested and the fault/problem identified. Upon identification of this, we will repair the fault. If the fault cannot be identified we will contact you and offer you a replacement or full refund.
21. We offer a 5 year extended warranty period in relation to certain products. If this is available you will be provided with registration information when you purchase the product. You must register your purchase with us within 28 days of purchase. If you do not do this then our standard warranty will apply.
22. In certain cases BISSELL may not be able to provide the goods, or carry out some of its other duties under contract, because of something that is beyond BISSELL's reasonable control. This could include war, an act of terrorism, widespread goods, fuel or power shortages, fire, flood, severe weather, other natural disasters, equipment failure or an accident that is not BISSELL's fault. If this happens then BISSELL will not be responsible for so long as the effects of the event continue for any failure to provide the goods. BISSELL will continue to try to provide the goods as soon as possible despite any such events.
Limitation of Liability
23. BISSELL shall be liable for the death or personal injury arising from its negligence, or if BISSELL has deliberately lied to you where the lie caused you to enter into a contract with BISSELL.
Your attention is particularly drawn to clauses 25-28 inclusive
24. BISSELL shall not be liable for any losses (except for those set out in Clause 23 above) which were not reasonably foreseeable at the time of entering into a contract with BISSELL (whether or not caused by BISSELL's negligence).
25. For the liability not covered by Clause 23 above, BISSELL will not be responsible for any loss that could not have been expected to occur in advance of the loss occurring or any loss of any opportunity by you (including an opportunity for you or someone else to make, save or use money).
26. For all BISSELL's liability not covered by Clause 23 above, you accept that BISSELL's maximum financial responsibility to you will be the price of the goods even if the actual loss you suffer is more than that.
27. The price of the goods has been calculated on the basis that BISSELL will exclude or limit its liability as set out in the contract. If you want BISSELL to take on more liability then please let BISSELL know and BISSELL will let you have a revised price.
28. All goods supplied by BISSELL are warranted free from defects for period stated within the product packaging from the date of supply. This warranty does not affect your statutory rights.
29. This warranty does not apply to any defect in the goods arising from fair wear and tear (such as worn out filters, belts and brush bars), willful damage, accident, negligence by you or any third party, use otherwise than as recommended by BISSELL, failure to follow manufacturer's instructions, or any alteration or repair carried out without approval from BISSELL.
30. If the goods supplied to you develop a defect while under warranty, or you have any other complaint about the goods, you should notify BISSELL in writing at the address shown below or use the contact us page on the www.uk.bissell.com website
30.01 We offer a 1 year extended Manufacturer’s warranty period in relation to the Vac & Steam special offer this does not include the Steam Shot which has a 1 year limited Warranty.
31. These terms and conditions of sale and the supply of the goods will be subject to English law, and the English courts will have exclusive jurisdiction in respect of any dispute arising from the contract.
32. All comments, queries and requests relating to the use of your information are welcomed and should be addressed toBISSELL International Trading Company B.V.Trading Address Ground Floor, 226 Berwick Avenue, Slough, Berkshire, SL1 4QT telephone 0344 888 66 44 - Option 1, fax 01753 567918 or by the email us facility on the www.uk.bissell.com website.
33. Any complaints should both be placed in writing, and addressed to Customer Care Department, at the above address, or by by the email us facility on the www.uk.bissell.com website.
34. BISSELL prides itself on delivering complete customer satisfaction on all of its product and services. In the unlikely event that a product arrives damaged or faulty, please contact our careline on 0344 888 66 44 - Option 1 who will advise you further and arrange a replacement if appropriate.